netNatter


Tuesday, September 14, 2004
From geek to chef: Meg Hourihan, the co-founder of Pyra, the company that invented Blogger (now owned by Google), has retired from technology to become a chef:

"Yesterday at 3 PM I put on my black chef's clogs, my black pants and white t-shirt, pulled my Red Sox cap over my hair and got to work peeling and deveining shrimp. Seven hours later, sweatily scrubbing the kitchen floors, I was still smiling.

I've learned a lot this summer during my sabbatical but it all can be summarized in three words: follow your heart."



Comments
Mid-Life evaluation!

A case of mid-life evaluation, also called mid-life crisis.
Invariably many hit a time, when you wonder, am I doing the right thing? Is this the life I want to continue to lead? Will I ever do the things I wanted to, visit the places and so on. Seems to happen irrespective of whether one is a success, a failure or in the middle in work and at a personal level.
Needless to say many are happy with the way things are, or just have a focus and conviction at other level.

Unbelievably brave thing to do.

Thanks for posting it.

Amit

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?