netNatter


Thursday, January 29, 2004
Used this site yesterday called The Work Number. It is a company that provides employment verification of employees of companies that have signed up with them (FedEx, MS, GE, etc). I thought it was a very interesting business.
 
Say I am buying a house and my lender needs to verify my employment. I go to The Work Number, sign-in and generate a verification token (a number). I give my lender this number and my SSN. He logs into The Work Number and gets the verification. The token is valid for one use.
 
I can generate tokens for verification with salary or without and also for INS documentation. I can also have them snail-mail it to me.
 
A little like ADP, few know about but have found a niche segment of the business landscape.
 



Comments
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?